What makes you smile? Laugh? Go giddy with glee?
For some, it’s a walk barefoot through the grass. For another, it’s a spin on a roller coaster, a solo movie date, or a perfectly ripe mango.
So… when was the last time you did something that makes you happy?
If it’s been awhile, consider this: Happiness lowers stress levels, increases immune system function, and lowers your risk of disease.
It also makes life easier.
The Magic Formula for Daily Pleasure
Doing one pleasurable thing per day (or more!) is the most powerful antidote for grey, boring, or stressful days.
- Make an “I love” list. List everything that you enjoy—nothing is too small or too large. If you enjoy it, get it on the list.
- Take a look at how you spend your days. When could you fit in a little pleasure? Perhaps you could leave the office at lunch to walk in the park? Maybe you could play your favourite music while doing the dishes? Book yourself a massage this weekend? The list is endless
- Repeat daily—or more often, as needed.
To get you started down the road of healthy pleasure, give my newest favourite recipe a try:
Superfood Cookie Dough Bites (that will boost your MOOD and your ENERGY)
Makes 12 bites
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until creamy. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, flaxseed meal, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to combine. Use the back of your spoon to work in the cocoa nibs. Use your hands to roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
- In a small bowl or on a plate, mix together the hemp seeds and shredded coconut. Roll each ball in the mixture until fully coated. Refrigerate the bites for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Comment below with what makes you giddy with joy and then go ahead and set some time in your calendar to do some of that this week!